Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Busy weekend

I had a very busy weekend last weekend.

On Friday night I went to the A-League soccer with my brother and his family. We have all just become members. I'm now officially hooked on soccer (football to some). I've been following it for a few years now because my Dad is from England but since getting foxtel at home I can't get enough of it.

For the same price as a general admission membership we got allocated seating behind the goals. Which sounded great at the time until we were told by the club that it is a standing area so you don't have to sit down. Apparently sitting is optional. Not too bad we thought. Until we got to the stadium and found our seats are at the back of the stand, behind EVERYONE. Now apart from my sister-in-law, we aren't the tallest people in the world. We had a great view of the ground and the players warming up but as soon as the game started, EVERYONE stood up. There goes our view. Luckily we were able to move to empty seats but that may not happen every time.

The game itself was brilliant. It always is when your team (Melbourne Victory) wins 5-0 especially against last year's champions, Newcastle.

I have some photos I'll post here later but I left my camera at home and I'm at work right now.

1 comments:

Jenny Adams said...

Hi Leanne - love your blog, you have me giggling, with a mental picture of you in the standing area looking up at the sky cos that's all you can see! At least your team won!
Jenny